A conifer does not have many requirements, but with these care tips you will enjoy your purchase for a long time.
- Immerse the root ball in a bucket of water before you plant it.
- Keep a close eye on the humidity of the soil for the first 3 months after planting and give extra water if necessary.
- Never prune too deeply; only Taxus ends on the brown wood again.
- Do not prune late in the year; the plant then has the opportunity to recover before the winter.
- Fertilize regularly (twice a year); brown spots due to fungi or lice often come from too little food, which weakens the plant.
- Cut away brown branches to the healthy wood. This prevents further damage.